Saturday, May 29, 2010

Travel from Chennai to Sanfrancisco via Dubai by Emirates

Recently I had to travel from Chennai to Sanfrancisco. And I was looking for
seats in cathay pacific and emirates web sites.

Using cathay pacific the travel is from Chennai to Hong Kong and Hong Kong to Sanfrancisco.
The time taken for travel from Chennai to Hong Kong is about 5 hrs and Hong Kong to
Sanfrancisco is about 12hrs. But the pricing was about $2000 for round trip, probably due to
peak season.

To save money, I was looking to book by emirates and it came about $1500. the travel
is from Chennai to Dubai and Dubai to Sanfrancisco. The time for Chennai to Dubai is about
4 hrs and from Dubai to Sanfrancisco is about 16hrs, with stop over at Dubai for about 8hrs.
Since the pricing is low I chose this one, off course I have to sacrifice time and sit in the cold Dubai
airport for 8 hrs.

Since I was following a specific diet, I ordered fruit platter for both Chennai to Dubai and
Dubai to Sanfrancisco. Previously when I was coming by Cathay pacific from Sanfrancisco to
Chennai the fruit platter given was very good. But the fruit platter given by emirates was not
that good, but it was ok.

When you take the economy seat size into considration, I think the emirates seat size was
little bit bigger than cathay pacific. I felt more comfortable with the seat in emirates.

One important thing to note is about the long flight from Dubai to Sanfrancisco. In the long flight
from Sanfrancisco to Hong Kong by Cathay I found there are 4 toilets in the back of the flight.
Whereas in emirates there was only 2 in the back of the flight.

When I was traveling by Emirates from Dubai to Sanfrancisco I saw a old couple in their 60s
sitting couple of seats away. Most of the time they were cranky and bothering the flight crew
like anything. The flight crew was doing their best to satisfy their dining pleasure, but still they
would not satisfy. Probably they are traveling in the flight for the first time from India.

No comments: