Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Cigna insurance in USA

I have been having the cigna insurance for couple of months now.
I used the same for myself, my wife and kid many times.

Each time I visit a doctor for myself, wife or kid we have to do
a co pay for them apart from what the insurance is paying.

Since I have in network only, I have to visit doctors and hospitals
which are part of the cigna network.

In some cases the hospital that I visit is part of the network, to
my surprise the doctor in the hospital is out of network.

There are instances where in my hospital charges were covered
by cigna, where as the doctor charges I have to pay.

In some occasions cigna agreed to pay for the doctor also, since the
doctor is part of the hospital which is covered by the cigna network.

so far my experience with cigna is good. I would really recommend
the same to others. This is my personal opinion. You may differ with me.

No comments: