Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Applied for Aadhaar card in Nesapakkam, Chennai


Recently I applied for the Aadhaar card. Just thought of sharing the experience here.

Our watchman said, the enrollment is happening at Chennai Higher Secondary School
in Nesapakkam which is close and I may have to get a token.

I went there and asked couple of people where it is located. They pointed me to a
room.

There were couple of people waiting before me. Once they are done, I had shown the
NPR receipt (which was given sometime in 2010). Here is a sample.



















Since there are no one waiting, He gave me 2 options, to bring my family so that the
enrollment can be done the same day or come back on a designated date to get the token.

I called my wife to join me for the enrollment. Once she came, both of us went inside.

He checked my NPR receipt, took my photo, IRIS scan, finger prints, asked me to check
the name, address, mobile, email, data of birth details on the screen.

He also asked for some proof like PAN card, ration card, voter ID card etc. I had my
voter ID and he just checked it. Somehow I find there were in a sense of urgency to
complete the process, not sure why. Not able to read through the screen in quick
succession.

Then my wife took her photo, IRIS scan, finger prints. I was waiting in the bench.
Looks like he was asking my wife the same questions and verifying the details.

After that he gave us the printout of the enrollment details. Here is the sample.



















After coming home, I was just going through the printout and found couple of spelling
mistakes, my wife mobile number/email id not updated properly.

Went back to the school and asked them to update the same. Here again he gave me 2 options

Since the Aadhaar number is not yet generated, we have to take the IRIS scan and finger
prints again to make those changes. If we make any changes before the Aadhaar number
is generated, he said it will take a very long time to get Aadhaar. not sure why.

The other option he gave is, wait for the arrival of Aadhaar number, then we can make
those changes ourselves. I settled with the second option and left home.

No comments: